La Jolla Dental Implants
Restore Your Smile – and Your Confidence – with Dental Implants
La Jolla accredited cosmetic dentist Dr. Doan understands that appearance is not the only thing that matters when planning tooth replacement. Although everyone wants a bright, attractive smile, there is also the matter of comfort, stability, and confidence. With conventional methods of tooth replacement, this is not always possible. We are happy to provide our patients with dental implants to meet their long term needs for function and beauty.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small cylindrical posts. Their role in smile restoration is actually to replace missing roots. Bridges and dentures have been designed only for tooth replacement, and we have learned the shortcomings of these methods over years of clinical use. With implants, these shortcomings are eliminated. At the completion of implant treatment, restoration mimics what Mother Nature intended.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Implant posts are inserted into the bone using precision technique. Dr. Doan relies on advanced imaging to determine the correct depth and location of each post in order to achieve the greatest stability. Comfort is maintained with local anesthetic. Sedation is also an option if you feel anxious about your procedure.
After implants have been inserted and covered with gum tissue, they will become integrated with bone. Over the course of three to six months, bone will naturally grow around each post. Once this process has completed, implants will be stabilized just like your real teeth.
- Stabilized implants can support a crown, bridge, or full denture.
- The secure foundation of implants lets you chew comfortably and confidently.
- You can feel good about your smile and never worry that a denture will slip out of place.
- Because dental implants are situated in the bone, degradation of the jawbone does not occur as it would with dentures or a bridge.
- The preservation of bone and replacement of teeth keeps facial structure from sinking inward.
There are several reasons why you may want to consider dental implants as the ideal method of tooth replacement. To learn more about this procedure, contact our office at (858) 452-1504.